Books I have currently read and are up for review:

  • Ms. Marvel by G. Willow Wilson
  • The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
  • Defy by Sara B. Larson
  • Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick
  • Kid Presidents by David Stabler
  • The List by Siobhan Vivian
  • SAGA VOL. 1 by Brian K. Vaughan
  • Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
  • Invisible Monsters REMIX by Chuck Palahniuk
  • Scary Book Volume 1: Reflections by Kazuo Umezu
  • Crank by Ellen Hopkins
  • Everbound by Brodi Ashton
  • Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
  • Pretty Girl-13 by Liz Coley
  • In The After by Demitria Lunetta
  • Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Follow me on BlogLovin!

Popular Posts

Book Reviews

This is where book reviews will be linked.

Reisa Reads News & Updates

Update Blogs and Vlogs, news about /r/bookies and random updates!

Reisa Rants

My policies

Insert random policies pages.
Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, October 8, 2014
Now, by now a lot of you have probably seen the unboxing videos floating around on BookTube, blog posts from book bloggers or at least some of the hype around this book. You may recognize the name James Frey from quite a few things. A Million Little Pieces, My Friend Leonard, and as one of the 'master minds' (and I use that term LOOSELY) behind the pseudonym Pittacus Lore.

What you MAY not know he is also the head of Full Fathom Five, a book packaging company. Not there is anything wrong with that. Lauren Oliver has an amazing book packaging company called Paper Lantern Lit... it's James Frey himself.

He is also a known liar.

Not only did he lie about his story A Million Little Pieces, he ripped off the other part of the pseudonym for Pittacus Lore; Jobie Hughes when The Power of Six was still in drafts.

In better detail here at Snuggly Oranges blog, is all the reasons why I absolutely refuse to have anything to do with anymore of his books. The only reason I will maybe keep reading the Dorothy Must Die trilogy is because of Danielle Paige. I really like her writing style from what I have seen. I really hope she is able to venture off to another publisher that will appreciate her.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man! I knew a little about this but I wasn't aware of the bigger picture.. I mean.. it's a strange set up and I don't know why people don't question it, if they're aware, you know?

Lol. That probably made no sense. But what an intriguing post!!!