Books I have currently read and are up for review:

  • Ms. Marvel by G. Willow Wilson
  • The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
  • Defy by Sara B. Larson
  • Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick
  • Kid Presidents by David Stabler
  • The List by Siobhan Vivian
  • SAGA VOL. 1 by Brian K. Vaughan
  • Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
  • Invisible Monsters REMIX by Chuck Palahniuk
  • Scary Book Volume 1: Reflections by Kazuo Umezu
  • Crank by Ellen Hopkins
  • Everbound by Brodi Ashton
  • Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
  • Pretty Girl-13 by Liz Coley
  • In The After by Demitria Lunetta
  • Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Follow me on BlogLovin!

Popular Posts

Book Reviews

This is where book reviews will be linked.

Reisa Reads News & Updates

Update Blogs and Vlogs, news about /r/bookies and random updates!

Reisa Rants

My policies

Insert random policies pages.
Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, January 11, 2014

So I have been thinking...

A lot of popular YA (Young Adult) books are in production/optioned lately to be movies.

Not that I mind, I hope they are good and all [read as: YOU BETTER NOT MESS UP TFioS HOLLYWOOD!], but I worry that Hollywood just... isn't trying anymore.

Since the blow up of the Harry Potter movies, other books to movie in the YA and MG (Middle Grade) have been showing up more and more.

Sure, I loved Hunger Games, and absolutely loathed Twilight, but when will this trend end? Do we want it too? Is there a limit to what is acceptable and what is just.. excessive?

I haven't seen Catching Fire/Enders Game/Beautiful Creatures/Percy Jackson Lightining Thief-Sea of Monsters yet and I am not quite sure I am going to see Vampire Academy or Divergent when it first comes out. I am actually SCARED of what they might become. With so many hit or misses, what is a fan girl to do?

Should I cling to my books and hope for the best? Should I hide behind them and let them know it's okay. That I will love them regardless of what HollyWEIRD does to them?

Should I stand firm and watch the movies with a brave face?

This booknerdigans solider has no idea how to respond in the face of the tweakers and editors of Hollywood.

4 comments:

Amy Sachs said...

I know what you mean! I'm so conflicted when it comes to books becoming movies but The hunger games and Catching Fire kind of changed my mind on that. ...Even though it took me over a year to finally watch The Hunger Games.

reisareads said...

I still need to read CF! I don't know why I keep waiting. X_X

ReadAtAllHours said...

I know what you mean too! I'm actually terrified of the VA movie at this point because I really don't know if I'm going to like it. Hollywood really doesn't when it's enough, but considering that almost all of these YA fantasy adaptations flopped recently except the Hunger Games (and VA still could) they might slow down sooner than we think. The City of ashes movie that was supposed to be a sure thing is already on hold and might never be made. Sorry for the rambling, hope I made some kind of sense. :)

Kimi @ Geeky Chiquitas Blog said...

I get what you mean, I'm actually really scared about If I Stay and TFIOS! But THG redeemed that, they did such a great job with their movie adaptations! Hopefully, we don't get any more disappointed with the upcoming movies.

-Kimi at Geeky Chiquitas