Books I have currently read and are up for review:

  • Ms. Marvel by G. Willow Wilson
  • The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
  • Defy by Sara B. Larson
  • Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick
  • Kid Presidents by David Stabler
  • The List by Siobhan Vivian
  • SAGA VOL. 1 by Brian K. Vaughan
  • Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
  • Invisible Monsters REMIX by Chuck Palahniuk
  • Scary Book Volume 1: Reflections by Kazuo Umezu
  • Crank by Ellen Hopkins
  • Everbound by Brodi Ashton
  • Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
  • Pretty Girl-13 by Liz Coley
  • In The After by Demitria Lunetta
  • Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Follow me on BlogLovin!

Popular Posts

Book Reviews

This is where book reviews will be linked.

Reisa Reads News & Updates

Update Blogs and Vlogs, news about /r/bookies and random updates!

Reisa Rants

My policies

Insert random policies pages.
Powered by Blogger.
Friday, January 31, 2014

So, 

 

 

Do you associate books with memories? Or certain items? Something reminded me of this about a week ago, and I wanted to post about it. I picked up Hollow City by Ransom Riggs in the thoughts that I would buy the first one (a friend actually gifted me it and I had grabbed the eBook one earlier). Now, my first reason wasn't just because of JesseTheReader's suggestion (but I must say he has great taste), but because of something else.

 

 

My grandfather used to love unique photographs. He would collect them, search for them in Yard Sales with my grandmother and just.. somehow find them. I believe once he found one on the street! Now, a great deal weren't so much creepy as strange. 

 

Older photographs, leaning more toward black and white can often be exposed and look very... different. Not what was intended at the time. Sunken in eyes, deadly stares and the like. Or even things in the background where something should not be.He also liked pictures of Crytpids. So, I believe when I start Mr. Ransom Riggs books, they will be like sitting next to my grandfather, scared, excited and curious for what comes next.

 

 

Love and Peace,

 

Reisa 

5 comments:

kelly199865 said...

I've never thought about it that much. I just enjoy reading book and be lost in my own world. I guess subconsciously, books would remind me of some nostalgic memories but I just haven't realized it yet. Thank you for writing this post! It is very meaningful and it gets me to seriously think of what books really mean to me!

drusual said...

Hi Reisa! I've found your blog, and now have plenty of reading materiel myself for this afternoon. :)

reisareads said...

Horray! :D

drusual said...

Hey Reisa, is my site letting you read now? It looks like it was set on private only; I changed it to allow browsers, which I think opens it up to the public to read?

reisareads said...

I can see it now. :)