Books I have currently read and are up for review:

  • Ms. Marvel by G. Willow Wilson
  • The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
  • Defy by Sara B. Larson
  • Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick
  • Kid Presidents by David Stabler
  • The List by Siobhan Vivian
  • SAGA VOL. 1 by Brian K. Vaughan
  • Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
  • Invisible Monsters REMIX by Chuck Palahniuk
  • Scary Book Volume 1: Reflections by Kazuo Umezu
  • Crank by Ellen Hopkins
  • Everbound by Brodi Ashton
  • Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
  • Pretty Girl-13 by Liz Coley
  • In The After by Demitria Lunetta
  • Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Follow me on BlogLovin!

Popular Posts

Book Reviews

This is where book reviews will be linked.

Reisa Reads News & Updates

Update Blogs and Vlogs, news about /r/bookies and random updates!

Reisa Rants

My policies

Insert random policies pages.
Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, October 23, 2014
Title: Everneath
Author: Brodi Ashton
Series: Yes, in trilogy form.
Format: Hardcover.
Page Count: 370
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Age Range: 16+
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal Romance, Fantasy, 

Description on Goodreads:

Last spring, Nikki Beckett vanished, sucked into an underworld known as the Everneath. Now she’s returned—to her old life, her family, her boyfriend—before she’s banished back to the underworld . . . this time forever. She has six months before the Everneath comes to claim her, six months for good-byes she can’t find the words for, six months to find redemption, if it exists.

Nikki longs to spend these precious months forgetting the Everneath and trying to reconnect with her boyfriend, Jack, the person most devastated by her disappearance—and the one person she loves more than anything. But there’s just one problem: Cole, the smoldering immortal who enticed her to the Everneath in the first place, has followed Nikki home. Cole wants to take over the throne in the underworld and is convinced Nikki is the key to making it happen. And he’ll do whatever it takes to bring her back, this time as his queen.

As Nikki’s time on the Surface draws to a close and her relationships begin slipping from her grasp, she is forced to make the hardest decision of her life: find a way to cheat fate and remain on the Surface with Jack or return to the Everneath and become Cole’s queen.

Everneath is a captivating story of love, loss, and immortality from debut author Brodi Ashton.


Review: 

Where to begin...

When I first heard of this book... I wasn't impressed. It seemed like it would be a general Paranormal Romance and a boring setting. I have seen it so many times... boy was I wrong. 

This was an adventure. This was something I became CONSUMED with. There is no instalove. This story starts off with a bang! Nikki is stuck in a shitty situation because of a rash choice she made with Cole; an Immortal who offered her silence, clarity and the ability to go hollow in another 'world',  after a series of tragic incidents.

She was granted the ability to go back to say her good byes, six months after her disappearence, the catch was... Either come back to Cole and become the Queen or live the rest of her life down in the Tunnels.

God. This book. What can I say? I loved every character in this book. I even love the triangle. Ms. Ashton has the perfect formula down patent for it. Cole is the exact thing when I think of a crafty immortal who uses himself and connection to get what he wants. And Jack... oh Jack. Mr. Sweetheart. He is officially on my McDreamy list. Then I guess that means Cole is on McSteamy. I really cannot say I am on eithers team though... I am more Team Nikki. :)

And don't get me started on the world building. I really felt like I was there in the halls, sitting with her at lunch and stuck in the her memories with her. When someone really writes a book that I can see myself in, it's like a melody. This was a Grand Opera.

Encore, encore!

Book Two review soon to come. :)


My Rating: 4.8/5

Would I/Who would I recommend it (too): Someone who loves amazing world building, in the mood for GOOD paranormal romance, a female protag you can relate too and someone looking for a well made love triangle.



Goodreads Link:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9413044-everneath?from_search=true






0 comments: