Books I have currently read and are up for review:

  • Ms. Marvel by G. Willow Wilson
  • The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
  • Defy by Sara B. Larson
  • Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick
  • Kid Presidents by David Stabler
  • The List by Siobhan Vivian
  • SAGA VOL. 1 by Brian K. Vaughan
  • Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
  • Invisible Monsters REMIX by Chuck Palahniuk
  • Scary Book Volume 1: Reflections by Kazuo Umezu
  • Crank by Ellen Hopkins
  • Everbound by Brodi Ashton
  • Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
  • Pretty Girl-13 by Liz Coley
  • In The After by Demitria Lunetta
  • Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Follow me on BlogLovin!

Popular Posts

Book Reviews

This is where book reviews will be linked.

Reisa Reads News & Updates

Update Blogs and Vlogs, news about /r/bookies and random updates!

Reisa Rants

My policies

Insert random policies pages.
Powered by Blogger.
Monday, November 24, 2014
So...


I have a confession. I am not the biggest fan of The Hunger Games.

(don't hate me)

Personally, I have been stuck in the middle of Catching Fire for... almost a year. It's not a bad series, I just cannot for the life of me get into it.

Now, years ago when Catching Fire first came out, I loved the first book. It wasn't the worlds greatest thing. It was alright. I liked it well enough to try and read the second book. As a matter of a fact, I believe I tried to read Catching Fire and couldn't get through it.

Like I said before, it's not a bad series and one day I do plan on reading the rest but...

I just do not see what all the hype is about. I see people going bonkers over it, while I am feeling I suppose the equivalent  for other series. I really did prefer Divergent over it, and not in the catty fan girl way I see some people act. But, I will still be on my hunt for a real hardcover copy of the first book. (That is a story for another day.)

Maybe it's just me, but I guess I just didn't jump onto that hype train.

Even after being spoiled on Allegiant's ending... I still want to read it more than the rest of the Hunger Games trilogy.

So while I am listening to the Mockingjay's call on everyones cellphones and random quotes from the books, I will be here, ever erudite.

- Rei'sa al Ghul

0 comments: