Books I have currently read and are up for review:

  • Ms. Marvel by G. Willow Wilson
  • The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
  • Defy by Sara B. Larson
  • Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick
  • Kid Presidents by David Stabler
  • The List by Siobhan Vivian
  • SAGA VOL. 1 by Brian K. Vaughan
  • Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
  • Invisible Monsters REMIX by Chuck Palahniuk
  • Scary Book Volume 1: Reflections by Kazuo Umezu
  • Crank by Ellen Hopkins
  • Everbound by Brodi Ashton
  • Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
  • Pretty Girl-13 by Liz Coley
  • In The After by Demitria Lunetta
  • Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Follow me on BlogLovin!

Popular Posts

Book Reviews

This is where book reviews will be linked.

Reisa Reads News & Updates

Update Blogs and Vlogs, news about /r/bookies and random updates!

Reisa Rants

My policies

Insert random policies pages.
Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, November 6, 2014

Title: Afterworlds
Author: Scott Westerfeld
Series: No. At least for now.
Format: eARC
Page Count: US Hardcover: 599
Publisher: Simon Pulse; Simon and Schuster
Age Range: 16+
Genre: Half Contemporary, half fantasy...ish.

Description on Goodreads:

Darcy Patel has put college and everything else on hold to publish her teen novel, Afterworlds. Arriving in New York with no apartment or friends she wonders whether she's made the right decision until she falls in with a crowd of other seasoned and fledgling writers who take her under their wings… 

Told in alternating chapters is Darcy's novel, a suspenseful thriller about Lizzie, a teen who slips into the 'Afterworld' to survive a terrorist attack. But the Afterworld is a place between the living and the dead and as Lizzie drifts between our world and that of the Afterworld, she discovers that many unsolved - and terrifying - stories need to be reconciled. And when a new threat resurfaces, Lizzie learns her special gifts may not be enough to protect those she loves and cares about most.


Review:

Okay. So, this took me a while. I really can't say too much, as it would be spoilery. No one wants that. While there is a lot of things in the book I respect... I only liked half to be honest. The Darcy half. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea with Lizzie... but I fell for Darcy.. and someone else. I would love to learn more about HALF the story...  As I said, I really do not want to get into this too much. 

I feel the book was too hyped. Half of it was a real let down for me. I almost just DNF'd the Lizzie parts. So, to be fair.. I can only really give two and a half. 

I wasn't the biggest Uglies fan, but I will not give up on Scott. I love his voice and style... Maybe it's just me.



My Rating: 2.5/5

Would I/Who would I recommend it (too): I would still recommend it to people... but I just wouldn't read it again unless it was just the Darcy parts. 



Goodreads Link:


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18367581-afterworlds?from_search=true




0 comments: